Monday, March 8, 2010

Pretzel Tub Drum

Yes, this pretzel tub was filled with pretzels at one time...I ate my way through the entire tub in 4 months.


Nonetheless, it's empty and begging to be repurposed! I came up with the idea of turning this pretzel container into a drum after watching one too many episodes of Blair's favorite cartoon show, "Caillou".

I used left over felt to wrap the container and make a carrying strap. I find that felt is the easiest "fabric" to work with for kids projects or costumes because it doesn't require sewing, comes in every solid color of the rainbow and is cheap!


I'm always looking for little craft projects to do with Blair and this one was a success. Even though we didn't get around to it initially, I had her pick out different colors of buttons and embellishments to glue onto her drum. She also got to pick out the different colors of felt. When we were finished, we paraded around the house--Blair on drums, London carrying a mini piano that belted out it's demo music, and me humming into a paper towel roll. Our very own marching band welcomed daddy when he came in the door from work!

1 comment:

  1. ooh! Jessica I'm impressed! That drum looks great! And Blair just makes the picture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete