Friday, January 16, 2009

"Hola Mommy"



Blair amazes me everyday. I guess I still consider her my little baby and not the curious, precocious and showy toddler she's proving to be! Her favorite movie, Shrek, is getting a run for it's money these days as her newest movie obsession is Madeline (not the cartoon version). So the other day, she runs into the kitchen while I'm preparing dinner and says, "Hola Mommy...hey mommy, Hola!" Apparently the Spanish ambassador on Madeline says this in one short second on the movie and Blair picked it up and wanted to impress me! Watch Out Dora! There's a new senorita in town!

In another sense, Blair is becoming quite the little helper. It's becoming a regular occurrence for me to say, "Blair, where is mommy's cell phone...do you know?" She says, "Right Dhere..." and most always runs right to it. Today she found it under her bed. It musta fell down while I was changing her diaper! How she sees these things, I'll never know. I almost asked Tim for one of those beepers for lost car keys this Christmas, but with how handy Blair is becoming, it looks like I might not need one after all.

London, on the other hand, has a nasty cold and hasn't slept more than 20 minutes in a row for the last 4 days...its getting tiresome, but probably more for her. I can't wait until this winter season is over (Windchill in Ames was -35 yesterday!) and we're able to get outside and burn off some stink! I am in desperate need of some motivation to get back in shape so I asked a girlfriend of mine if she would be interested in running the Orlando Marathon with me next Jan. (2010). She's considering it and will let me know soon, but I'm pretty sure I'll sign myself up for some race even if she declines. The great thing about training for a long race, like a 1/2 marathon or full, is that no matter how hard you try not to diet or get back in shape, it's somewhat inevitable. That's what I need, the miles to do the work for me! I'm awful at passing on dessert or keeping a food diary, so exercise is the only way I'm able to recover from the extra baby poundage. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

I'm posting an adorable old video of Blair. I think she might be 18 months or so in it, but I could never find the venue to show it off, so this blog is perfect. She's shaking her tail-feather to Elmo on YouTube.

Also are a few new pictures of the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment