Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Prayful Crotch Shot

Okay so the title of this post is rather crude, but it's exactly what happened to my poor husband at the wedding we attended over the weekend. Allow me to set the stage:

We're at the Gateway hotel attending a lavish wedding reception for which Tim was an usher and asked to also give the pre-dinner prayer.

I've finally captured London and am holding her in my arms for what will respectfully be a brief 60 second prayer as Tim takes the mic and begins to ask the crowded reception of people to bow their heads.

At just that moment I see Blair at the edge of the dance floor about 50 feet away from Tim, her back to me, with her arms outstretched before her like a Zombie. She's just out of reach of me and I realize I didn't get the opportunity to remind her "we're going to pray now and she needs to stand quietly and listen to daddy talk".

To my horror, I watch her walk like tin man, arms still locked strait in front of her, briskly across the dance floor towards Tim, whom I know is utterly unaware of her approaching as he's got his eyes closed, head bowed and is concentrating on his prayer.

Most people didn't see what happened next because Tim covered really well but because Blair had to walk in front of the head table to reach her father, the wedding party erupted with laughter as they watched Blair's locked arms gore Tim directly in the crotch.

It went something like this: "...and Lord we just remember your bounty at thiUUUUUFFF...ahem, at this time of celebration..."

If only the videographer wasn't praying, we mighta been millionaires with that clip on AFV. The only thing I saw Tim mouthe as he walked back to his seat after he concluded the prayer was..."Un-Be-Lieveable."

HAHA...Isn't parenting like that sometimes? Unbelievable.

2 comments:

  1. ufffff-hilarious! excited to see you this weekend-could you bring a month of Juice Plus with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny--i shared that one with ryan as well. :-) love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete